College Recruitment & Resources
Even though Blues FC is a young club, we already have a steady flow of players reaching the college level. Managing the college recruiting process can be an overwhelming and confusing experience. Both the NCAA and NAIA have many rules that both college programs and players must adhere to. When selecting a school, it’s important to ensure the school meets both your academic and athletic criteria.
Playing at the collegiate level means you’re a student-athlete with a priority on an education. Finding a school that meets both your academic and athletic criteria can be an overwhelming task. Blues FC has created a structured recruiting process to support our players throughout this journey.
Lorin Sabin is our College Recruitment Coordinator. Lorin meets with teams to provide guidance throughout the recruitment process. In addition, individual player meetings are provided to aid in developing a plan specific to each player’s athletic and academic needs. Guidance is also provided during the contact period with schools. This service is provided at no charge to our Blues players.
In addition to providing both team and individual college guidance, Blues FC offers College Fit Finder. The College Fit Finder College Fit Finder software provides players the ability to manage the full scope of their individual recruiting journey in a single platform. Features of the software package include:
- a customized online personal scouting profile
- integration with team and club profiles
- a search engine with filters of every NCAA and NAIA athletic/academic program and,
- communication tools to help organize interactions with prospective schools.
College Fit Finder is provided at no added cost to all U14-U18 Blues players.
Important College Related Links
- NCAA Sport Listing– Listing of every college soccer program in the country, Div. I, II & III
- D3 Recruiting Hub – Easy to use advice on the college recruiting process.
- NAIA Elibibility Center– The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics is a starting point for your NAIA college sports experience.
- NCAA Link– The National Collegiate Athletic Association is a membership-driven organization dedicated to safeguarding the well-being of student-athletes and equipping them with the skills to succeed on the playing field, in the classroom and throughout life.
- NCAA Eligibility Center– Find tools and information needed to beging your college experience. Learn more about NCAA, its athletics division, its sports and other information.
- NJCAA Listing– The National Junior College Athletic Association. Find junior and community colleges with soccer programs.
- Excellent Soccer Information– Offers a good review of the recruiting process along with many useful links.