College Recruitment Program
Blues FC has a strong record of placing athletes on collegiate teams. Our focus is on matching the player with the best possible college for that player, both as an athlete and as a student.
Coach Andy Walsh, who also happens to be a college coach, has invaluable insight to the college recruiting process. He heads up our College Recruitment Program.
- Support players who have a genuine desire to play soccer at the college level.
- Helping them with a plan to navigate the recruitment process and help eliminate common mistakes and also make them aware of common misconceptions.
- Rules about communication/recruitment. How to most efficiently communicate and compile
personal highlights reel.
- College coaches are mostly looking at key factors in the process. Talent level, Fit (education and character), need (do they need your position).
- Players/parents have to be on the same page in terms of budget/fit
- Most importantly time has to be spent to be effective in terms of communicating and creating some kind of relationship with college coaching staff.
Blues FC utilizes the highest-rated college recruitment software available: College Fit Finder is provided at no added cost to all U14-U18 Blues FC players.